Thanks for checking us out! We’re excited for this episode, it should give some quick and easy ideas you can implement, to rank higher in Google for local searches, specifically as it relates to the Google My Business (GMB) listing area.
If you already have a GMB listing, we’re going to show you how to optimize it. If you don’t have one yet, check out our first episode How To Setup Google My Business Listings where we walk you through the process of getting it setup.
Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Episode number two picks right up where episode one ended. Now that you have a GMB listing, you need to optimize the listing to rank high in Google for the services you provide.
Only the top 3 GMB listings are provided in the Google search engine results page, so it’s critical to focus on where you want to be found, and what you want to be found for, so you can optimize your listing and rank in that top 3.
We’re going to walk you through how to utilize the photos area, with some do’s and don’ts that will help your listing stand out from the crowd.
You’ll also learn the importance of selecting the categories for your business, plus some tips for selecting the best primary category on your listing.
It’s important to keep your listing fresh and updated, so we’ll touch on some easy ways to consistently put new content on your listing, to help rank higher.
Check out the show notes below for resource links, guides, and a link to watch the episode in video format!
Thanks for checking out episode 2!
If you want to dig even deeper, check out the brand-new course Dominate GMB, which will be launching soon! We’ll be talking more about the course later, but you can signup for the wait list now (and get a special bonus).
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Send us a comment or question in the section below.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- Subscribe on Google Play.
- Subscribe on Stitcher.
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Where to upload and mange photos and videos for your business.
- How to optimize your photos to rank higher in Google.
- How to optimize your photos to attract more new customers.
- How to setup and choose the categorizes for your listing.
- How to properly choose your primary category for your listing.
- How to check your GMB rankings.
- How to see what your GMB listing looks like in search results.
- How to see what your GMB listing looks like on Google Maps.
- Important do’s and don’ts for proper GMB optimization.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Cheat Sheet – Editing GMB Info
- Cheat Sheet – Managing GMB Photos
- Cheat Sheet – Photo Size Requirements
- About GMB Photos (Google)
- Our General Resources Page
- Our Free Instant Online SEO Audit