Thanks for checking out episode 3 of our brand new show, Local SEO. Once we got into the editing room, we had a bit of a surprise on this episode. One of our microphones failed, our first real “rookie mistake” in this production.
We had to get a little creative with the audio from the other mics, and we think the end result turned out okay. The topics we cover are great, and the recording turned out really well. So, even with one microphone down, we opted to push forward with this episode instead of re-recording it. Enjoy!
Google Reviews, Bing Places for Business, Apple Maps, and Google My Business Messanging
For our third episode, we cover a range of topics. First we’ll stay on the Google My Business (GMB) subject, as we dive into the importance of getting reviews on your GMB page, and how reviews and ratings help build confidence for prospective customers.
We’ll also talk about a new feature recently released for GMB – the Messaging feature. This cool feature allows you to directly interact with customers via SMS text messaging, right from your GMB page. Best of all, it’s free! This is a really neat addition from Google, and something that can help you reach new customers in a way that most other businesses are not, so you can stand out from the crowd.
Google is not the only local directory you want to list in, though, so you’ll learn how to get included for Bing Places for Business too.
Plus, we’ll talk about how to get listed in Apple Maps. You’ll want to get your business listed here, so you’re included in the navigation apps that are built into iPhones and iOS devices!
Check out the show notes below for resource links, guides, and a link to watch the episode in video format!
Thanks for checking out episode 3!
If you want to dig even deeper, check out the brand-new course Dominate GMB, which will be launching soon! We’ll be talking more about the course later, but you can signup for the wait list now (and get a special bonus).
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Send us a comment or question in the section below.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- Subscribe on Google Play.
- Subscribe on Stitcher.
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- About getting reviews on your GMB page.
- Methods to reply to reviews – for good and bad ratings.
- How to use the new Messaging feature included on your GMB page.
- Tips for quickly interacting with customers over text messaging.
- How to get setup in Bing Places for Business.
- How to get setup in Apple Maps, for iOS devices and navigation.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Google My Business User Permissions (Google)
- Our General Resources Page
- Our Free Instant Online SEO Audit